Many people are turning away from traditional treatment methods and embracing more natural alternatives. One of these options that are currently shaking the health industry is CBD oil. CBD oil is a promising treatment option for people who are suffering from pain. This article explores the best CBD oil for pain from reputable companies’
Also, by the end, you should learn how to use CBD oil, the risks involved, and a quick buying guide. Both experienced CBD users and beginners will find this guide helpful. As it will help limit your options of where or who to buy CBD products from. We understand that the market is crowded. So, we did our due diligence and came up with the top brands with high-quality products.
What is CBD Oil for Pain?
First, let us give a quick CBD intro to answer some basic questions you might have. CBD is the short-term for cannabidiol. So, CBD oil means cannabidiol oil.
Cannabidiol is one of the numerous phytonutrients you find in the cannabis Sativa plant or hemp. Cannabis has hundreds of phytonutrients, and CBD is one of them. You should also know that CBD is a non-psychoactive component. That means it cannot make you high or euphoric. Another popular phytonutrient is THC.
CBD products can be both from hemp and marijuana. Marijuana contains a lot of THC, which is a psychoactive compound that can cause a mind-altering high. However, hemp has a small amount of THC and a high amount of CBD.
The amount of THC in a CBD product is what determines its legality. According to the 2018 Farm Bill, CBD oil and other products with no more than 0.3%THC are legal to use.
CBD Oil is available as an isolate, full-spectrum, or broad-spectrum CBD extract. The full-spectrum spectrum contains all the cannabinoids in the hemp plant, including THC. While broad-spectrum also has all the cannabinoids like full-spectrum, but without the THC. Isolate, on the other hand, contains only CBD and no other cannabinoid. People who do not want any trace of THC in their CBD products go for either broad-spectrum or CBD isolate.
How to Use CBD Oil for Pain
There are several kinds of CBD oil products available for people who want relief from pain. You can choose from an array that includes CBD ointment, tincture, balm, salves, and vape pens. The commonest among these options is the CBD oil tincture which you use by placing under the tongue. Avoid touching your tongue or mouth with the dropper when using. That way, you don’t contaminate the oil.
CBD ointment, balm, and other topicals are for direct application on the skin. They are not meant for oral use or ingestion. You apply them directly to the affected area and gently massage in to reduce pain. Remember that consistency is needed if you want to get the best result with these CBD products.
The other option on how to use CBD oil for pain is the vape pen. CBD vape pen allows you to inhale the natural extracts for immediate relief. This vape pen is of two types. There is a refillable one that you can fill with CBD e-juice. The second one comes pre-filled, and you dispose of it after use.
Store your CBD oil in a cool, dark place to avoid exposure to sunlight and heat.
Best CBD Oil for Pain Management
- Fab CBD – High-Quality & Full Spectrum
- PureKana – Best for Wellness
- CBD Pure – Runner Up
- CBDistillery – Full-Spectrum CBD Tincture
- Nuleaf Naturals – Most Potent CBD Oil
Ways to Determine the Best CBD Oil
It is vital to do your research if you want to buy a top-quality CBD product. Here is how to choose the best CBD oil for pain when making a purchase.
Source of Hemp
The hemp source is one of the main factors that help ascertain if a CBD product is of high quality. When selecting a product, go for brands that make use of organic hemp. Also, hemp plants sourced within the United States follow strict standards. It’s best to buy from manufacturers that use U.S-grown hemp plants.
In the industry, there are many extraction processes and techniques. However, the industry-leading method is CO2 extraction. This method is the cleanest and ensures the CBD oil is pure and safe for use. Other techniques may leave behind solvents that are dangerous in the end product.
Companies with the best CBD oil for pain always ensure they test their products for purity and safety.
Most of the top brands conduct in-house tests. However, it doesn’t end there. They also take their products to independent third-party laboratories for tests. The results for these tests should be readily available on the brand’s website or upon request.
Every brand out there markets itself as the best. But, few things set the best apart from all other companies. The brand’s reputation is something you must research for yourself. How do you know them? For starters, they must be transparent with their processes. Also, there should be enough information about the brand out there. Furthermore, they use organic hemp plants that are free from contaminants. All the ingredients should be quality, and there should be a certificate of analysis from the third-party laboratory tests.
The Best CBD Oil for Pain in 2021
You can get the best CBD oil for pain from any of these brands listed below. To come up with our top five brands, we carried out a series of research on the brand and its products. These companies are reputable and offer high-quality products.
Fab CBD (High-Quality)
Fab CBD is the home of the best CBD oil for pain, anxiety, and overall enhanced wellness. They make this CBD oil from premium sources, ensuring it has only quality ingredients. Also, it is Non-GMO and made with Colorado-farmed hemp plants. They offer full-spectrum CBD oil, which contains only trace amounts of THC.
What’s more, this oil comes in your favorite flavor options, so you get to enjoy it while at it. People who do not want any flavorings can choose their Natural CBD oil. There are also four CBD strengths available. Each CBD oil has a 12-month shelf life, and you get a fresh product whenever you make a purchase.
Product Key Point
- Fab CBD uses a 0.5ml serving size. So, one serving, which is half the dropper, equals .5ml.
- Their 30 ml CBD oil contains 30.1mL servings or 60.5mL servings per bottle.
- There are four potencies of CBD oil available: 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and 2400mg.
- You get 5mg of CBD per .5ml serving in the 300mg oil.
- The 600mg bottle gives 10mg of CBD per serving, while 1200mg offers 20mg of CBD per serving.
- You get 40mg CBD in the 2400mg bottle, and that is the highest.
- There are five flavors: citrus, mint, natural, vanilla, and berry.
- The type of CBD extract in each CBD oil is full-spectrum.
- They use the industry-leading CO2 technique to extract CBD from their Colorado-grown hemp.
- Lastly, every CBD product is third-party tested by Pro Verde laboratories using the latest methodology and equipment.
PureKana (Best for Wellness)
PureKana is another source of the best CBD oil for pain. Their CBD oil contains only hemp extract, MCT oil, and natural flavors. One of the admirable things about this brand’s CBD oil is its versatility. Their oil comes in diverse flavors and strengths to meet every individual’s preference. You can get up to 5000mg of CBD in a bottle, which is their strongest option. There is as low as 300mg of CBD available too.
This brand’s CBD oil contains full-spectrum extract. For people who need the best CBD oil for sleep, PureKana also has a CBD sleep tincture. It contains everything in their CBD oil but with added ingredients like melatonin.
Product Key Point
- Note that each serving is ½ of a dropper. The oil comes in a 30ml bottle. There is also a 60ml bottle for all the higher potencies. In a 30ml container, you get a total of 40 servings. The potency of CBD oil varies. They offer 300mg, 600mg, 1000mg, 1600mg, 2500mg and 5000mg.
- The amount per serving in a 300mg tincture is 7.5mg CBD. Their 600mg oil drops equate to 15mg CBD per serving. 1000mg gives you 25mg of CBD. 2500mg delivers 41.6mg per ml, while 5000mg is 83.3 per ml.
- Flavor options you can choose from include: citrus, vanilla, mint, fruity, and an unflavoured, natural CBD oil.
- Their CBD oils are full-spectrum. So, they contain all the beneficial cannabinoids in the hemp plant.
- They use the CO2 extraction technique.
- Also, the CBD oil is lab-tested by an independent laboratory for safety and purity.
CBD Pure (Runner Up)
CBDPure CBD Oil contains cannabidiol, terpenes, and other cannabinoids in hemp plants. They use Non-GMO, organic hemp plants grown in Washington and Colorado by local farmers. Also, they are free of contaminants and additives to ensure users are getting the highest quality possible. On the same note, CBDpure CBD oil contains only organic hemp extracts. There are no fillers, preservatives, or artificial ingredients.
Furthermore, they use only whole hemp extracts during production. So, this oil contains all the phytonutrients in a hemp plant aside from CBD. This CBD oil is available in different concentrations. However, unlike the brands listed above, there are no flavor options. You get their oil in its natural taste, unflavored.
They have three different CBD strengths for users, from low to high. Their highest CBD strength is 1000mg. Although some may need their CBD in a higher potency, this can serve an average user.
Product Key Point
- The suggested serving size for CBDPure CBD oil is ½ of the dropper.
- You get about 60 servings per container.
- Available potency of CBD per bottle: 300mg, 600mg, and 1000mg.
- Amount of CBD per serving for each potency is: 10mg, for 300mg CBD strength. 20mg per serving for 600mg option, and 33mg for 1000mg.
- There are no available flavors.
- The CBD type is full-spectrum
- Their extraction method is the chemical-free CO2 method.
They conduct independent third-party testing to verify purity and potency. The results for these tests are publicly available on their website.
CBDistillery (Full-Spectrum CBD Tincture)
Another brand that offers users the best CBD oil for pain and other conditions is CBDistillery. Their CBD oil caters to many groups of CBD enthusiasts. Thanks to the variance in their offerings. It’s available in different CBD extract types and strengths.
Most importantly, this oil is of the highest quality and derived from non-GMO industrial hemp. CBDistillery tinctures are easy to use and convenient. CBD reviews from consumers show it helps them lessen discomfort from pain and inflammation. You can get this oil in one size: a 30ml bottle.
Product Key Point
- The serving size for this CBD oil is 1ml.
- There are about 30 servings per container.
- The potency of CBD per bottle include: 500mg, 1000mg, 2000mg, 2500mg, and 5000mg.
- Amount of CBD per serving: 500mg tincture offers 17mg per serving and 33mg per serving for 1000mg and 2000mg tinctures. The maximum strength, 2500mg, has 83mg of CBD per serving, while 5000mg tincture contains 167mg CBD per serving.
- CBDistillery CBD oil has no artificial flavors.
- They offer diverse CBD types: full-spectrum and CBD isolate
- Full-spectrum CBD oil is CO2-extracted, while isolate is ethanol extracted.
- Their CBD oils also go through independent lab tests.
Nuleaf Naturals (Most Potent CBD Oil)
Nuleaf Naturals CBD oil is a whole plant extract that contains highly concentrated CBD. It also has other beneficial cannabinoids like CBG, CBN, and CBC in a significant amount. There are only two ingredients present, which are hemp extract and virgin hemp seed oil. This brand likes to keep its CBD oil as natural as possible and maintaining a high-grade product. Also, they control the production process of this CBD oil from seed to shelf. This is to guarantee that it meets the quality standards set by the team.
There are no additives or artificial flavors in this product. It has a natural hemp taste. The Nuleaf Naturals CBD oil is available in different sizes. These are 300mg, 900mg, 1800mg, 3000mg, and 6000mg. Regardless of the difference in the sizes, each still delivers the same amount of CBD per serving. We can say this CBD oil works effectively for pain relief from the CBD reviews by many users.
Product Key Point
- This brand doesn’t recommend any serving size.
- You get about 30 servings per container.
- Also, the potency of CBD in each bottle size is 60mg/ml.
- The amount of CBD per serving is 30mg in every bottle size.
- There are no flavor options. All their CBD oil has a natural taste.
- The CBD type is full-spectrum
Furthermore, the extraction processes utilize the supercritical CO2 method. All their CBD oils are third-party tested, and the results are available on the website for view.
Risk and Considerations
According to the FDA, here are essential pieces of information to know about the potential harm of products containing cannabis:
Firstly, CBD can cause side effects. However, they may be as a result of consuming high doses. So, you can stop them or reduce your dosage if you notice any of these side effects. They are:
- Gastrointestinal distress, like diarrhea and/or decreased appetite.
- Changes in mood, in the form of agitation or irritability.
Secondly, there can be possible drug interactions. CBD can affect how the medications you’re taking works. And this can cause serious side effects.
Furthermore, consuming CBD alongside alcohol and drugs used for treating anxiety and stress disorders may have possible consequences. For instance, it can increase the risk of drowsiness and sedation.
Also, there is no information on some essential aspects like the effect of CBD on breastfeeding and pregnant women. Because of that, it’s best to avoid CBD use if you fall under this category. Lastly, there is also no evidence for the effect of CBD on the developing brain. While you may want your children to try CBD, bear in mind that the FDA warns against it.
Where to Buy CBD Oil
The FDA doesn’t regulate CBD products. Hence, you have to do your research and choose only quality products. Our list of the best CBD for pain is a good start. Always ensure that the company has a Certificate of Analysis from an independent lab available for public view.
You can buy CBD oil from online retailers or health food stores and dispensaries. Many of these companies provide COA to their customers when shopping online. Most times, they display it on the product page. If these results are not public, contact the customer’s service. You can also request it in local stores. Do well to stay away from brands that do not provide this information about their products.
Although there is still much research needed, CBD could be a good option for overall wellness. Shopping for the best CBD products can be a tad difficult for the uninformed and beginners. But if you take the time to follow our guide, you will find out the process is not as frustrating. Your ultimate duty is to do your research on the brand and its product offerings. Look out for reputable brands that put out all the necessary information about their products for the public.
Lastly, you probably may not have the time and resources to try all the CBD oil out there. That’s why we wrote this guide. Whether you’re a beginner or a regular CBD user, the listed brands have something for everyone. Remember to talk with your doctor if you’re on any drugs to avoid possible side effects.